Caring for Chocolate
- Chocolate is a very "hardy" product, but also it is a "perishable" product
- The Chocolate Foil Hearts we sell are made from REAL couverture chocolate (not compound)
the product in a cool, dry and ventilated room. Recommended conditions
are as follows - Keep away from strong light.
Temperature........14-21 degrees centigrade - Humidity........
preferably less than 50%
- Use air conditioning where possible and avoid fluctuations in temperature as these may cause condensation to the product
dampness as the chocolate develops a sugar bloom when moisture collects
on the surface of the chocolate. Chocolate stored in overly warm
conditions will show fat bloom, which is casued when stable cocoa butter
crystals melt, reform as the unstable variety and then transform back
to larger crystals that appear on the surface. Neither type of bloom
renders the chocolate unusable. It just doesn't look as fresh.
- Keep Chocolate away from strong smelling goods such as soap, detergents, perfumes, onions etc and avoid direct sunlight.
you need to refrigerate, place chocolate in an airtight container then
wrap the container in a towel before placing in the fridge.
- When you wish to use the chocolate remove from fridge, leaving container wrapped in the towel, until it has reached room temperature. It will then be less likely to bloom.
I hope this has been of help to you
Mon - Thurs: 8.30am - 4.30pm
Fri: 8am - 4pm
Sat: 9am - 2pm
Closed on Sundays & Public Holidays
Copyright © 2017 Sunshine Confectionery | Designed by Websites That Sell